I was facing a very strange issue since two three days. I just wasted lot of my time while solving it. After experiencing SharePoint 2013 service architecture, I was under the impression that MS have modified SharePoint this time that one will never face any issue while configuring the service applications.
But I was wrong, I am talking about the Search service application here. If you are lucky then it may be the case that you will not see this issue but I wasn’t actually explored the reason behind the issue.
- “Unable to retrieve topology component health states. This may be because the admin component is not up and running.”
- The default content source “Local SharePoint Sites” is inconsistent. It doesn’t always appear after creation of Search, sometimes with start addresses of existing web apps listed already, other times not.
- Starting a full crawl results in stuck in ‘starting’.
I got disappointment after trying above solutions. Then one of my colleague helped my out finding the worked solution. Then I released that we are the same .Net developers having dependency on SQL server. I ran following script to fix the database issues and that worked for me. I am sharing queries as below:
EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘WSS_Content’
ALTER DATABASE WSS_Content SET EMERGENCY
ALTER DATABASE WSS_Content SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC CheckDB (‘WSS_Content’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE [WSS_Content] SET MULTI_USER
NOTE: Please change the name of the database. By default sharepoint creates the database with the name Wss_Content but make sure that you have this database in the SQL server. Other way to find the content database is navigate to Central Admin > Application management > Content Database.
I would like to mention one more important point here that you should execute these queries one after another. Because It may hours to fix the content database depending upon the size of the database.
Note: Don’t Execute commands in one shot
You defiantly will get success like me 🙂
Happy Sharepointing 🙂